Air conditioner troubleshooting, how to and tips
At All Week we strongly believe in educating clients and provide them with useful information to maintain proper functionality of their ac and hvac systems or safe troubleshooting tips prior to offering our assistance. So we in this section we provide videos about basic ac troubleshooting tips for common air conditioning malfunction cases. But keep in mind if you find those suggested tips confusing, please feel free to call us anytime and we’ll be glad to assist you.
Proper troubleshooting steps for AC Freon Leaks
Refrigerant absorbs the heat from your indoor air and transfers it outside, cooling the air down.
Frequent long use of AC systems during hot summers commonly causes refrigerant or freon leaks, resulting to system malfunction.
How To Troubleshoot AC Leaking Water
- A possible leak from one of the plastic pipes or tubes that carry it
- A possible blockage in the water flow
- The condensate pump may possibly not be working.
Troubleshooting An AC Unit Not Working
- 1st check to make sure the thermostat is set to “Cool”
- Check the main electrical panel and any secondary circuit panels for a tripped breaker or blown fuse.
My Air Conditioning unit not working.
- Check the thermostat make sure it is set on Cool and the fan on Auto.
- Go outside and check your outside condenser if it’s tuning or not
- In the event that the outside unit is not working then check the batteries on the thermostat and make sure they are good.
- If you changed the batteries and you set the thermostat to Cool and the fan on Auto and the unit still not working that means a further diagnose is needed by a factory trained technician.
My AC unit is leaking from the ceiling.
- Turn your AC unit OFF from the emergency switch located on the side of the unit.
- Under the AC unit you should find the emergency drip pan that catches all the condensate water and drain it to the emergency drain line, you need to check the drain line and make sure it’s clear.
- If the drain is clogged and you couldn’t clear it then you should call one of our factory trained technician.
My AC unit is blowing warm air.
- Check your outside condenser and make sure it’s running.
- If not, then you have to check your emergency beaker and make sure it’s on.
- If the beaker is on then you would need to call one of our factory trained technician.
My outside condenser is frozen.
- Check your filter and get it replaced .
- If not turn your air conditioning unit off .
- Call an AC factory trained technician immediately to determine if you may have a freon leak on your system.
My outside condenser is making a loud noise.
If this didn’t help then you need to make a call to our factory trained technician your outside condenser fan may need to be replaced.